Archive

Posts Tagged ‘completed’

4th Doctor – Complete

November 6, 2012 Leave a comment

Done a lot of work since last post. I’ve pretty much stopped using my screenshot reference and the walkthrough in the book. I decided I really didn’t like the impasto effect, so I’ve done a lot of work smoothing that out. I’ve done some work adding extra reflected light, and corrected the colour on the green part of scarf on the right side of the neck.

And of course, the final touches, the eyes. Finished at last! It was a long haul, but it’s worth it. I’m very happy with my progress on this one.

 

On to Doctor number five!

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe

September 7, 2012 Leave a comment

Haven’t had time to work on many personal projects lately. I’ve been busy working on posters for  a few local arts groups. This one’s for an amateur theatre company for their upcoming show. I broke out the acrylics again for this for the first time in quite a while. I definitely seem to have learned a lot in the meantime – this was a lot less frustrating than my previous attempts at working with acrylic.

 

Categories: art Tags: , , , ,

3rd Doctor – Finished

October 3, 2011 1 comment

Finished the 3rd doctor’s portrait; colourised it and tweaked a few proportions here and there. This is the first time I’ve done a full-colour piece greyscale-first and I’m pretty happy with how it turned out.

After the first colouring pass, it looked like this:

Then I went back over it and focused on the minor colour variations and smoothing things out. Final version:

I want to do an original composition for the next Doctor, instead of just copying a screenshot, so I’ll have to do a lot of studies. Luckily, there shouldn’t be any shortage of good screenshots to take.

Doctor Who Portrait Project – 2nd Doctor, finished

My portrait of the second Doctor, complete at last!

Actually, I finished it a while ago, but due to spectacular bad timing I moved and had to fight with my internet company for a week before they connected me again so I could post.

 

Not too much work this time. Defined the ears, darkened up the background, tweaked around with his bow tie a bit and added the details to the suspenders.

Next is to find a few good screenshots of the Third Doctor. I’m hoping to get a bit more creative with it than just copying the screenshot.

Cyandog, check. Also: a pretty butterfly

Been a while so I thought I’d post a few updates.

First, a progress shot on that medabots fanart. Cyandog is in place and I’m halfway through colouring him. Once that’s done I just need to add some drop shadows to the trees and tighten things up a bit.

Second, a painting I recently finished and gave to my friend for her birthday. Took over a year from when I first said I’d “paint her a butterfly” and when I actually got it done >.<

Oil on Canvas, 16″x20″